- Genetic modification technology deployment - lessons from India. Click here to read the publication
- 10 Questions to be addressed while developing National ABS Framework. Click here to read the publication
- Challenges to the implementation of biotrade and access and benefit sharing. Click here to read the publication
- Making Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS) Frameworks Work at State Level in India. Click here to read the publication
- Sustaining Sustainable Development. Click here to read the publication
- Sustainable Development - Stories from those Making it Possible. Click here to read the publication
- How common are Commons? Focus on IP in Education and Research. Click here to read the policy paper
- South-South Cooperation and Environmental Diplomacy - Options for India. Click here to read the policy paper
- Reconciling Implementation of the Nagoya Protocol in India. Click here to read the policy paper
- India’s Experiment with Cooperative Federalism – Environment and Development. Click here to read the full policy paper
- Synthetic Biology - Policy and Implementation Issues. Click here to read the report.
- International Expert Meeting on “Community to Community Exchange and Capacity Development Workshop for Traditional Knowledge”. Click here to read the report
- The Status of Wild Extinct Species Elaphurus davidianus - A successful ex situ conservation project in China for three decades. Click here to read the full report
- Socio – Economic Rehabilitation post Relocation from Critical Tiger Habitats. Click here to read the full report
FLEDGE and UNCTAD partner to develop a primer on Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS) and BioTrade
The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), based in Geneva, and FLEDGE collaborated to develop a primer on outlining policy-practice links between BioTrade and ABS during 2015 resulting in a publication that formed the basis for a Ministerial Roundtable on the same topic at the UNCTAD IV Congress in Nairobi during July 2016.
Based on the recommendations of the Roundtable, UNCTAD organized the IV BioTrade Conference in Cancun, Mexico during the 13th Conference of Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (2016) and prepared a comprehensive guidance document on BioTrade that is presented to 194 countries to reconcile national efforts on sustainable trade and conservation actions.
During November, December 2017, UNCTAD and FLEDGE will organize a series of two international Webinars to present the salient features of the guidance document.
Contributing to policy and regulatory aspects on Synthetic Biology
National and international policy and regulatory framework on an emerging science – synthetic biology – is currently underway. In collaboration with TransDisciplinary University (TDU), UN Environment (UNEP) and the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), FLEDGE organized a series of 4 special seminars on various aspects of synthetic biology during July – September 2017.
Based on the outcomes of the seminars, the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India is planning to develop a national policy framework on synthetic biology. FLEDGE will play a central role in the national policy making and awareness raising processes.
FLEDGE, UNEP-World Conservation Monitoring Centre and UNEP plan to initiate actions to develop the 2021-2030 Global Biodiversity Goals
Discussions and negotiations to develop a new global road-map for biodiversity conservation and governance are set to begin in 2018 with 196 countries that are Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) meeting in Egypt during the 14th meeting of Conference of Parties to the CBD.
The United Nations Environment (UNEP) that manages the CBD along with a range of organizations including FLEDGE are rolling out a comprehensive plan to begin preparations for CBD COP 14 as well as setting the new global biodiversity goals for the period 2021-2030.
Details of activities and calendar will be launched soon.
FLEDGE and Skill Council for Green Jobs discuss options for “Future Smart Village” programme
Based on the field work and social enterprise development models that FLEDGE and its partners have worked thus far, a collaboration between Skill Council for Green Jobs (SCGJ) and FLEDGE is being fostered to help design ‘Future Smart Village’ programme in Karnataka and Gurugram. The Green Skill Academy is also expected to join the initiative soon.